Updated Bios, now cannot play games

Frynio
Frynio Member Posts: 12 New User

Hello community. I have a really big problem. I'v gone to acer website and downloaded something called: Improve system performance (BIOS) in version 1.32. I've installed it. Now when I try to go into a video game, which uses nVidia graphic card (840m, driver up-to-date) (f.e League of Legends), it simply freezes the game, sometimes some strange colours start to appear and only thing I can do is manually restarting my laptop. Now, I tried to install older BIOS, like 1.09, but after opening the executable it tells me: value compare error. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?

P.S Now sometimes Windows10 pops out some kind of notification like: League of Legends.exe was prevented from accessing your graphics card (and then it won't crash, but it won't work as well)

Best Answer

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

1. Install the latest BIOS.  After you install the latest BIOS, please stop monkeying with your BIOS.

2. Go to Device Manager and post the version of your Intel Management Engine Interface Driver.  I'll use my desktop computer as an example.

mei571.PNG

3. Uninstall your Nvidia Graphics driver.

You can do it from Device or Manager or Control Panel or both.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_13955.html

un571gr.PNG

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers