Unlock Advanced Menu in Bios

Nathen1271
Nathen1271 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello Community

, now i have an idea about how to unlock the bios for acer aspire e5-521. ive looked it up online and found files for aspire e5-521g now ive been wondering if the unlocked bios would work for my laptop. i have had this laptop for a while now im not worried about damage to the machine i would like to expand my knowlage, also this isnt the fastest computer to game on

Best Answer

• Acer_Ideas
    Acer_Ideas Member Posts: 284 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

I understand what you want to do, croaid.  But quite frankly, it isn't really our role to produce special tools to help people modify their systems to do something they were not designed to do.  There were a LOT of changes made in Win8 and Win10 and the devices (not just Acer's) that are designed for those OS versions are very often incompatible with going backwards to Win7.  Your best option is to return to Win8 or upgrade to the much improved Win10.  Sorry to disappoint you.

Answers

• Acer_Ideas

No, that is NOT the fastest computer to game on.  Here is a little primer ... E series devices are 'Entry level' products, designed for the casual user who wants to do the basics at a reasonable price.  These models are not targeted at heavy users like gamers, photo editors, video makers, etc.  For big time gaming power, take a look at the Predator line.  Now THAT is a gaming platform!

• croaid
    croaid Member Posts: 2 New User

i need moded bios too pls acer send it to me ,,,i want to instal windows7 but i cant since it misses CSM option that i need to make windows 7 run...when i had windows8,1 games were playin ok,,but on windows 10 i get like 9 fps on lowest setting in game called league of legends,,,i bought this laptop just bcouse of this game!!!!!! on windows 8,1 i had 40-50fps on high setting...i instaled windows 7 but it freezes on boot,,also it freezes in safe mode! i need this bios mod send it to me!

• Acer_Ideas
    Answer ✓

I understand what you want to do, croaid.  But quite frankly, it isn't really our role to produce special tools to help people modify their systems to do something they were not designed to do.  There were a LOT of changes made in Win8 and Win10 and the devices (not just Acer's) that are designed for those OS versions are very often incompatible with going backwards to Win7.  Your best option is to return to Win8 or upgrade to the much improved Win10.  Sorry to disappoint you.

• croaid
    croaid Member Posts: 2 New User

that sucks,,il have to buy asus and throw this in trash

[inappropriate content removed]