USB ports not working after downgrade to windows 7

mufasil
mufasil Member Posts: 8 New User

I have purchased new Laptop Model No: E5-574G. It comes with windows 10 I am not feeling comfortable with windows 10 so, I have installed windows 7 but after installing windows 7 and I have installed all drivers even USB driver but USB is not showing/detecting with laptop. I see when I go BIOS the attached usb shows in boot sequence. I have also followed the process of uninstalling the driver and then restart the windows but this doesn't solve this problem.

Let me know how can I solve this.

Thanks

Kind Regard,

Mufasil.

Best Answer

• mufasil
    Answer ✓

Thanks alot for your quick reply, I did but it shows me list of drivers I select Universal Serial Port and the I see this which one should I select.

Update 2.png

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

This laptop was designed for Windows 10 and some things connect differently.

Go to Device Manager/Universal Serial bus controllers and uninstall each controller and root hub. Restart and let Windows reinstall them. See if usb ports work.

• mufasil

I have already did this but nothing  seems to work.

• mufasil

I have did this but nothing happen I have attached my device manager screenshot kindly check it.

USB issue.png

• philetus

Right click on Universal serial bus controller and select update driver software/ search automatically.

Try the same on the other one too.

• mufasil

I did what you told me but I got this error.

update.png

• philetus

Right click on it and choose update driver again, but choose browse my computer/ Let me pick from a list

• mufasil
    Answer ✓

Thanks alot for your quick reply, I did but it shows me list of drivers I select Universal Serial Port and the I see this which one should I select.

Update 2.png

• philetus

Scroll down to Microsoft

• mufasil

I got this which one should I select.

Update 3.png

• mufasil

Thanks alot for your help, I have downloaded Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller and my problem resolved.

• philetus

Are your usb ports working now?