F5-572G-595M Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

Hi Acer Community,

I have an Acer Aspire F5-572G-595M, and specs are as follows

Intel Core i5-6200U

Nvidia GeForce 920M

16GB DDR3 L

Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Since I brought the laptop, about 6-8 months back, this issue has been bugging me.

On idle, system interrupts uses a constant 10% CPU. When I use my touchpad, however, system interrupts rises up to 20%. Even a slight click or touch raises the usage. All these measurements are taken when the CPU speed is at a full turbo 2.8GHz

I have isolated the problems to these two components:

Audio driver. When I disable "High Definition Audio Controller" in System Devices in devmgmt.msc, the problem goes away immediately. System interrupts goes down to 0%, however, using the touchpad still raises the CPU usage to 10%. Mind you, disabling "Realtek High Definition Audio" in Sound, video, and game controllers doesn't help unless I restart the system.

Even when I open up my laptop and disconnect the sound wire the issue still persists. Using an external speaker does not help.

Touchpad. If I disable it using Fn+F7, the issue goes away when I touch the touchpad, but then I can't use the touchpad. Disabling "HID-compliant touch pad", "I2C HID Device", and "Synaptics HID Device" does not help.

I have installed the latest 1.17 touchpad firmware update, but the issue still persists. I have installed and used many versions of the Audio controller, as well as downloaded the touchpad drivers for my laptop frim the acer download page.

I would like to see this issue solved, either by a BIOS update or by some tweak. System interrupts causes a huge energy efficiency drop, and has a large detrimental effect on games.

Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• yhu
    yhu Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same issue, with a jittery touchpad since anniversary update. This really should not be an issue from the start. I installed Synaptics drivers with no fix at all. I guess the only thing we can do is wait for updates, but are they at least aware of the issue?

I came here from this thread:

https://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Windows-10-Anniversary-Update-makes-touchpad-unusable/td-p/451171/page/5

full of people having touchpad issues with anniversary as well.

• SRRDZ
    SRRDZ Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

The touchpad issue after the Anniversary update was fixed with today's update! I can confirm that my touchpad works smoothly again. V5-591G laptop model

• Malucovisk
    Malucovisk Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Got exaclty the same problem. System interrupts using 10%-20% of CPU.

Seems acer don't care about customers...

But that's ok, just don't buy acer products. Smiley Happy

• bvbfan
    bvbfan Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

WIndows is **bleep**ty OS.

• BoseKartik
    BoseKartik Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have tried Ubuntu 20 as well and just like Windows 10, one of the four cores remains high at all times.

This is more of a Driver Issue rather that OS Problem. I am no quite sure if this problem is related to a Hardware or there is a Software fix for it. Does any one have fix for this? (By fix I don't mean disabling Speakers/Tochpad on the Laptop)