Should I update my VGA Driver from NVIDIA?

Options
joshua10796
joshua10796 Member Posts: 4 New User

Should I update my VGA Driver from NVIDIA's site? There's no new update for my GPU here in Acer's site, my current driver is 5 or more versions late. I'm a person who wants to get all drivers updated to the latest version, so if ever I don't want to left this out . What would you guys advise?

Answers

• philetus
    Options

It is recommended to only use the drivers provided by Acer for your laptop. They are engineered for your specific laptop. The drivers from Nvidia could work fine or you could find yourself with no display all of a sudden.

• joshua10796
    joshua10796 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I compared the current driver and new driver. Current = stable, new = stutters sometimes but has more FPS in games. Will there be a new engineered driver for my laptop(E14 E5-475G-30KY)? If there is, will it be regularly updated? Or for just specific time, like 2 years for example.

• philetus
    Options

You didn't mention what model laptop you have, but usually the graphics driver get's upgraded eventually.

If you can put up with the studder for the FPS and it's not bothering anything else, it probubly won't hurt.