Shipping Costs for Under Warranty Product

Kreech
Kreech Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, is there some kind of reimbursement one can receive or shipping labels for returning an Acer laptop that is being repaired under warranty?  It seems pretty odd to make someone pay for shipping for a product that is broken in less than a year.

I have been using my Acer desktop for years (nearly 5 now) and I love it, but the laptop I bought less than a year ago, not so much.  I don't know if that's par for the course, but I really dislike the quality of this laptop and then to have to pay shipping to fix it on top of that is pretty much guaranteeing I never take a warranty as any value.

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

The standard manufacturer's warranty does not cover inbound shipping. If you could send a private message with the serial number or if you have a case ID from speaking to support, we can see what we can do for you.

• shar110
    shar110 Member Posts: 1 New User
    i too purchased a chrombook and have had it 4 months. does not start and i had to pay 25.00 to ship it back for repairs. i too was told they would not cover my costs. this is very disappointing that their customer service will not pick up charges. i usually buy from hp. they have never charged me. does not make me want to ever purchase from acer in the future
  • Prerak05
    Prerak05 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I created a repair case and got an email about shipping, I expected that I will be given with a free shipping label. It is so unfair that I am having issues within 6 months and have to pay for shipping cost. this would definitely prevent me from buying Acer products in future. Never had such issues with any other brands. 

ACER - Please listen!
  • Emenike
    Emenike Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello.
    I bought an Aspire laptop last October (my first Acer product ever) and from day one, it was extremely slow. I called you tech support line a couple of times and after a couple of calls and attempts at fixing it, I was told to have it shipped to you repair centre AT MY COST. I found that extremely odd and unfair that I’ll be asked to bear the cost of shipping a device under warranty, especially mine that I hadn’t really enjoyed, but the tech support team insisted.

I’ve packed away the laptop since then and bought a new device (a different brand) that works perfectly, though I’ll be glad if this can be fixed without me having to pay for shipping. 

Case Numbers
    389007US
    43965CA

Thank you