SSD Does Not Show up in BIOS

Options
yearmaz
yearmaz Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello. I bought this model :

Acer E5-573G NX.MVMEY.005 (Acer E5-573G-56E5)

I installed Windows 10 (with UEFI). Then I wanted to add my SSD disk to new computer which I used on my old computer. I bought a 9.5mm ssd caddy to replace with dvdrom. I replaced it without problem. Then I wanted to boot computer with SSD, but I couldn't see SSD disk on boot selection area. 

I can see my SSD and access all data on Windows 10. 

What is the problem. Why can not I see the SSD on boot manager?

My SSD is : Kingston 120GB V300

Thanks you.

Answers

• philetus
    Options

Did you format the SSD first? Out of the box, it's raw.

To boot to it when you get the install finished, you will have to disconnect your original HDD. 

• yearmaz
    Options

No I didnt format the SSD. Windows 8 is installed on SSD and there are my datas in. So I didnt format. Do I have to format to display SSD on Boot Manager? Why can not I see it on BIOS? Because it doesnt matter if a usb disk is bootable or not, it appears on boot manager. 

What I did before I opened this topic : 

1) I upgraded BIOS ---> FAILED

2) I disabled UEFI mode and enabled Legacy mode ---> FAILED

I dont want to disassemble back cover because I dont want to kill the warranty. If it doesnt kill the warranty to disassemble the back cover, I would replace SSD with HDD and I would try with this way.

• philetus
    Options

See PM.

• yearmaz
    Options

I figured out my problem with dissambling the back cover, replacing SSD with HDD. Then I added HDD to caddy. Now it works without problem.

• philetus
    Options

Happy to hear that.