Replacing parts on M5-583p

Options
raduque
raduque Member Posts: 5 New User

I have an Acer Aspire M5-583p. I need to replace the motherboard, and I found a replacement board with an nVidia GT740M GPU on it. I want to purchase this board, but I need a heatsink and fan for the GPU, as the laptop currently doesn't have one, since the GPU part of the current board is empty and the fan port has a plastic block where the fan goes.

Is there anybody out there who can supply a part number for the GPU fan and heatsink for this machine? Thank you!

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Are you sure someone that is a motherboard for a M5-583p? I don't find anything about a MB with nVidia for a M5-583p. Post the link or pics.

• raduque
    Options

Thank you, but that's the one for the CPU - I need the one for the GPU. If you have an Aspire M5-538p, and you have it handy, look at the vents on the back - there's two. One on the left in back has the fins visible, the other on the right has a solid plug inside it. I need the fan and heatsink that would go there on a model with the nVidia GPU chip.

• raduque
    Options

http://www.buymotherboard.net/acer-m5583p-with-i5-4200-cpu-nointegrated-dazrqmb18f0-p-8471.html

The markings, ports, shape, screw holes etc all match up. It's exactly the same, only difference is the nVidia GPU chip there on the right.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

The only thing the manual shows is a "Thermal Cap" on the right, but no type of heatsink going to the "video card".

Thermal cap Acer PN 42.MEFN7.002

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-42-MEFN7-002-Acer-M5-583P-6637-THERMAL-CAP-FOR-UMA-Fan-/161271987484

Does the MB you found specifically say it is for a M5-583p?

They may have used a modified version of the same MB in a different model/brand laptop that has the nVidia.

You may have to find which one to find the parts you need.

2016-06-06_2216.jpg

• raduque
    Options

The website with the board has it listed as an M5-583P motherboard. All the markings are exactly the same, except the board in the link has extra printing below what I assume to be the part number.

Doing a little more googling, it looks like it might be from the V5-573p.

• raduque
    Options

The heatsink in the link looks like it'll be the correct module, but the picture embedded in your post doesn't match.

In any case, I now have enough to go on to find a US supplier! Thanks a bunch!