Pairing bluetooth speaker

dancewithmarg
dancewithmarg Member Posts: 2 New User

Blackweb Soundbrick bluetooth speaker.  I switch it on - voice says Power On - Pairing. Bluelight flashes quickly   Music playing on my laptop can only be heard through the speaker if I connect it with the cable supplied with the speaker.

I click on the Bluetooth devices icon at bottom right of screen,  says Bluetooth is switched on,  and says Soundbrick is paired. Why can I not hear sound through the speaker unless I connect it with the cable? What should I do to fix this?

I use Windows 8

Best Answer

• dancewithmarg
    Answer ✓

Thank you for your response.  

It turns out that after I had downloaded the Bluetooth Atheros update 8.0.1.305  from the Acer.com site and unzipped it, it, I didn't install it properly.  Eventually I clicked on the Bluetooth Suite exe file and it installed the update into my computer and the speaker was able to connect.  Everything is working fine now.

Marg

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Right click the speaker icon in the tray, Go to playback devices, click and highlight the BT speaker and click, below, "Set Default". Make sure the volume is up on the BT speaker.

• dancewithmarg
    Answer ✓

Thank you for your response.  

It turns out that after I had downloaded the Bluetooth Atheros update 8.0.1.305  from the Acer.com site and unzipped it, it, I didn't install it properly.  Eventually I clicked on the Bluetooth Suite exe file and it installed the update into my computer and the speaker was able to connect.  Everything is working fine now.

Marg