My laptop screen (LCD) stopped working after the Left Hinge broke last night.

CarlosDoesGames
CarlosDoesGames Member Posts: 3 New User

Last night, I was about to shut down my laptop. When the screen says "Shutting Down", I tried to close the lid and I heard a crack sound. I ignored it and closed the lid and suddenly the HINGE broke! I don't know what happened.
Can someone tell me what happened? I searched last night that this is a common problem. Please anyone tell me why did my screen stopped working? I tried to open my laptop and.. well, it turns on I hear the Windows Startup Sound but my screen is like not working.. It's black. No cursor or anything.

Please someone explain this. Is the hinge connected to the LCD Screen?
Before I go to the Acer Service Center tommorow. Thank you.
Help would be appreciated.

Answers

• It seems that the cable must have been damaged or pulled out from the connector.

• PMiner
    PMiner Member Posts: 180 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    on most laptops, the hinge is where the cable to the display goes. the crack also may have been a breaking of a board, and should probably be sent in for repairs.
  • CarlosDoesGames
    CarlosDoesGames Member Posts: 3 New User

Sorry for the late reply. It's currently on our nearest Acer Service Center here. Thank you for telling me that. I always thought that the hinge is only for balancing the LCD. I just learned something new XD But, hey... I'm only in 10th Grade XD

• PMiner
    PMiner Member Posts: 180 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Glad i could help! ^_^