My Acer E570. Corner of screen splits and partly unhinged

Pantelis1951
Pantelis1951 Member Posts: 2 New User

The left hand bottom corner of the screen split at the seam revealing the steel part of the hinge which is inside the screen. As a result I cannot open and close it without the risk of further damage and wholly detaching it and breaking the hinge.

Is this a common problem? 

It is within the warranty period but the company I bought it from dont seem happy to cover it. They told me they need to change the front and back of the screen and the cost of the spares is 150 euros plus labour. I bought it  for 400 euros. 21 months ago

Do you have any ideas?

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

The notebook will need service to fix this issue. If you are out of warranty you can take it to any repair shop of choice. If you are in warranty please contact Acer support for your country/region at: http://www.acer.com/worldwide/.

• Pantelis1951
    Pantelis1951 Member Posts: 2 New User

I very much appreciate your reply though it has come a couple of days too late! In order to prevent the further falling apart of the screen and in view of the high cost of repair in comparison with that of  the notebook I decided to take drastic measures. I bought professional glue from the building trade of a black colour and applied it all around the screen with particular attention to the bottom left hand corner. It worked! Thank you any way for telling me the name of your representative in Cyprus who is very near me yet I had not heard of him! . May be he should reveal himself to the public!