Microsoft Hosted Network Adapter missing after updating to Windows 10. Please help!

DominicCarillo
DominicCarillo Member Posts: 3 New User

I can no longer create a hotspot since I updated to windows 10. Microsoft Hosted Network Adapter doesn't appear on Device Manager so I can't fix it using the suggestions google gives. This is stressing me out! Smiley Indifferent

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

It's a driver issue. You can open a command prompt and run netsh wlan show drivers and see if it supports a hostednetwork. Update to the latest driver at Acer. If Windows 10 keeps installing the same bad driver, I recommend you roll back to 8.1

Answers

• philetus
    Answer ✓

It's a driver issue. You can open a command prompt and run netsh wlan show drivers and see if it supports a hostednetwork. Update to the latest driver at Acer. If Windows 10 keeps installing the same bad driver, I recommend you roll back to 8.1

• DominicCarillo
    It says "No" when I did the cmd thing. What I did is, I installed the windows 8.1 driver and it works fine now. Thank you Smiley Happy
  • philetus

That's great. Take a look at Start8. http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/

To me, this completes 8.1.

• DominicCarillo
    This works for Windows10 too? I'll check later, I'm currently on Mobile Smiley Happy
  • philetus

Yes. They have Start10.