Is the a backlit keyboard for an Acer Aspire E5-772

whitmore55
whitmore55 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I hate that my laptaps keyboard isn't backlit. Is there a backlit replcement for this?

Answers

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

There is, however, I highly doubt a standard user would ever want to do this. And you will 100% break your warranty, and quite possibly break your computer trying to replace it. It is your own responcibility if you do it. It is not user friendly to implement. But if you really want to risk everything, you can find the part online, but your risk. If you want, you can wait for a ACE member to answer your question.

• Moresby
    Moresby Member Posts: 29 New User

Yup.  Replacing a keyboard on an Aspire is a tough job even for an expert.

And it's probably almost cheaper to get a new laptop than to get a pro to do it for you.

• voolandis
    voolandis Member Posts: 11 New User

Actually it is a fairy easy task to do, of you're good with remmembering where things were before you removed them.
    Just watch a couple of videos online and see if it works for yourself.

• Moresby
    Moresby Member Posts: 29 New User

Yes, watch a video and judge the task for yourself.

But it's not an easy snap out, replace, snap back in job.  The Aspires from five years ago were like that.  Not the current ones.

Lots of fiddley screws, tapes and connectors to deal with.  But if you feel up to the challenge, by all means, go for it!

• whitmore55
    whitmore55 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I'm pretty confident in my abillies with computers. I just need to know what the part number is.