Internet Explorer Pinned Sites don't work on my Acer Laptop. Anybody have any solutions?

BillBaffin
BillBaffin Member Posts: 2 New User

I extensively use pinned sites with Internet Explorer, but this function seems blocked on my new Aspire ES1-531. Anybody have any solutions? Acer staff: Is this a bespoke Acer setting?

Answers

• BillBaffin
    BillBaffin Member Posts: 2 New User

Anybody have any answers? Maybe I need to explain. I go to a website with Internet Explorer (v9 onwards) then drag and drop the site icon (to the left of the address line) onto the desktop. A link is created with a larger version of the site icon. Then I can drag this onto the start bar and it behaves like an app. I have ones for Google Maps, BBC News, Youtube (because there's no Windows 10 App!). Brilliant. It was even a major feature in the TV commercial for IE9, but I cannot do this on my ACER laptop. I can't even drag the icon onto the desktop to make the link in the first place. This seems to be an ACER restriction. Is this true ACER staff?

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

This is NOT a Acer restriction. Everyone has Windows, and whether company does not matter. You probably have to find the "new way" to do it. I would help, but I use Chrome. Try finding it in Google to do so correctly.