Intermittent black screen problem with E5-573-P1NH

MaxW
MaxW Member Posts: 2 New User

I've been having an intermittent problem with this laptop recently, and there's an older issue which may or may not be related. Every so often, the screen will go black for a second or so. In some cases the screen I was on will temporarily have parts missing (as though it isn't loaded properly) after this happens. It usually seems to happen quite soon after I start using the laptop.

The original issue was that about a month ago my laptop started going into sleep mode randomly while I was using it. I disabled sleep mode entirely as a result of this, and it seemed to superficially fix the problem. However, this other issue with the temporary blackouts started more recently and I have no idea how to go about fixing or preventing it. This is also a fairly new laptop - I've only had it since February.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

The  Intermittent screen problem sounds like the backlight flickering on and off. If you move the screen back and forth, does it cause the screen to flicker? If yes, the cable for the creen run through one of the hinges and can get worn, broken, and it could have a loose connection at the back of the screen or the motherboard.

• MaxW
    MaxW Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm not 100% sure if this is the case or not. The screen does not flicker when I move it back and forth, although it does often seem to be when the laptop is moved suddenly that the problem occurs. As I say though, I'm not totally sure about this correlation.