Installing Windows 7 x64 SP1 on the Aspire F5-573T-56UC

Options
IcySon55
IcySon55 Member Posts: 4 New User

So far...

I managed to get into Windows Setup using a DVD drive over USB (on the 2.0 port) but as soon as I get into Collecting Information, setup is aksing me for required CD/DVD drivers that are missing.

Once I get into setup, it doesn't seem to recognize any other USB devices other than the DVD drive. Swapping to a USB key yeilded nothing. I can't use a USB key to deliver missing drivers, in fact I don't even know which drivers it wants...

Issue

Help?

Best Answer

Answers

• philetus
    Options

Are you sure you are using the usb 2.0 port?

The 3.0 will show blue inside it.

• IcySon55
    Options

Even using the USB 2.0 port, setup still cannot access the DVD drive that it booted up with.

Maybe I need the chipset drivers to make the 2.0 port visible? In any case, the only device that setup can see is the HDD. So I can likely place the drivers on the HDD, or better yet, create a bootable partition on the drive that IS windows setup and continue from there...

Before I actually wipe the drive though, I need to test the backup that I made with an empty 1TB drive. Just in case.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try making another install drive with Rufus. https://rufus.akeo.ie/

• IcySon55
    Options

Creating the USB key with Rufus made it boot into windows setup unlike the Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool.

Problem is, I get the same error because the USB 2.0 port is still not visible, even though setup launched from it.

Edit: I used another drive I had lying around to create a bootable windows setup HDD. Just a 5GB partition at the beginning. I then added the wireless and LAN drivers to that partition. Popped the drive in and booted into setup.

Setup is now installing Windows 7 onto the HDD successfully! So far... Next steps will be to find and install as many drivers as possible, hopefully getting all devices working. Then do an HDD Migration from the temporary 160GB drive into the original 1TB and use the remaining space as another storage partition.

I downloaded most of the drivers from the individual manufacturers websites for Win7x64 and got everything but one item installed.

I hope...

Edit 2: No wonder the USB 2.0 port didn't work, it's routed through the USB 3.0 hub. As soon as I installed the 3.0 driver, the 2.0 port works...

Edit 3: After running all of the windows updates, the final piece of hardware managed to download its driver automatically from Windows Update, but again, only after installing the Kernel-Mode driver update from Windows Update. Success!

• IcySon55
    Options

I've now gotten just about everything installed.

There's only two (maybe one) devices left that I can't get the correct driver for:

Intel Management Engine Components 11.0.2.1183

Shows up as PCI Communications Controller in Device Manager.