Inspire E1-531 BIOS corrupt

sskamesh
sskamesh Member Posts: 6 New User

Hello there,

I got a E1-531. It went black screen recently. Found out that this is the famous "Black Screen, no display" problem that occurs on most Acer laptops.

Finally found out that this can be only resolved by USB crisis utility. So I got the .fd file. I format my USB drive then put the .fd file in it. Then do the Fn+Esc process then power on. I see the file is getting read (status light blinking) after few seconds it beeps 3 times then it restarts the PC then it stays on forever. 

What could be the reason?

I don't know what to rename the .fd file to. The default one was Q5WV1X64.fd. What should I rename it to? Or is there anything that I have to do?

Help me out!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

which windows OS version was installed from factory?

where did you get the .fd file?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • sskamesh

It was Ubuntu I guess. I'm pretty sure it's a UEFI BIOS.

I got BIOS downloaded from Acer site, then I try to install it on another system (it'll end up on error) at that time I went to temp folder then I collected the .fd file.

• IronFly

the file is named correctly but i think you need version 1.13 not 2.xx that's for windows 8 systems only.

• sskamesh

I thought it's gonna work and it made sense too.

But same result.

• IronFly

ok, on your laptop BIOS page, click on ALL at the right side.

download BIOS 1.08 (9.5MB size)

it has a ROM folder inside with 3 files, i suspect 2 of these must be combined.

there is also an .fd file too, try this too

Side note: have you already tried connecting an external monitor, just to exclude it's not a LCD panel issue?

• sskamesh

"must be combined" in the meaning of what?

I put those two files and tried. no luck. this time it didn't read anything from flash drive. I suspect this is because no fd file.

• IronFly

check your private messages.

• sskamesh

Still same. I followed the same on that manualslib instructions. I even found the same CM_H77 and the other .ROM file. It was on 1.08 version. Did the same as they instructed. But same beep.

Wonder what those 3 beep means.

• IronFly

i would try to take off ram modules and HDD/SSD if possible and then try to boot to BIOS.