I want to upgrade my Acer Aspire E5-571G-57CS from 4GB DDR3 L RAM to a 8GB RAM. Is it possible?

Options
andretommy2012
andretommy2012 Member Posts: 3 New User

And if the answer is yes then would the warranty service do it for free will it compromise my warranty? Also, what kind of RAM should I look for if I want to upgrade it? And will that RAM add to the existing RAM or will it replace it?

I am sorry for so many questions, my English and for my ignorance when it comes to upgrading a laptop. And is there anything I should know about upgrading RAM like could it damage the data on my drive, etc. ?

Notes:

I still have warranty and the stamp is still there.

Specs:

• Intel Core i5-5200U 2.20GHz
  • NVIDIA GeForce 820M with 2GB dedicated VRAM
  • 500GB HDD
  • 4GB DDR3 L Memory(RAM)
  • Windows 10 Pro(i think)

Best Answer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'm not sure whether Acer will upgrade under warranty, you need to remove the motherboard to upgrade the RAM, install CPU-Z to find out the exact specs of your RAM, then buy with same specs and timings and upgrade yourself, if you are not sure about dismantling get it done by a technician locally, you could find out the cost of this upgrade from your local Acer support as they may do it for a fee, compare the prices with your local technician's quote.

You will not loose any data from your hard drive because of RAM upgrade but I would suggest you to back up the whole system to an external hard drive using Macrium reflect or similar utility.

This is to show you how to upgrade and what's involved:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmsFDi_qsnQ

This is only an example to show how to find the suitable upgrade for your laptop and you don't need to buy Crucial memory, any brand will work as long as they match the same specs as your current RAM.

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/aspire-e5-571g-38vf

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'm not sure whether Acer will upgrade under warranty, you need to remove the motherboard to upgrade the RAM, install CPU-Z to find out the exact specs of your RAM, then buy with same specs and timings and upgrade yourself, if you are not sure about dismantling get it done by a technician locally, you could find out the cost of this upgrade from your local Acer support as they may do it for a fee, compare the prices with your local technician's quote.

You will not loose any data from your hard drive because of RAM upgrade but I would suggest you to back up the whole system to an external hard drive using Macrium reflect or similar utility.

This is to show you how to upgrade and what's involved:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmsFDi_qsnQ

This is only an example to show how to find the suitable upgrade for your laptop and you don't need to buy Crucial memory, any brand will work as long as they match the same specs as your current RAM.

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/aspire-e5-571g-38vf

• andretommy2012
    Options

I've tried CPU-Z and Piriform Speccy and it said that my laptop has single channel(does this mean that I only have 1 RAM plugged in or that I can only have one RAM?) and that my RAM is DDR3. Meanwhile, the sticker glued on the laptop displays a box and it says 4GB DDR3L Memory. Also, after a quick search on Google I've found out that there are RAMs that is said to be for Haswell and some doesn't, which one should I go with?

And I know this is off-topic but my left speaker keeps crackling and I don't know if it is normal or did anything I did make it the way it is. All I did was

• Create Stereo Mix
    • Put volume on max
    • Update my driver(the problem starts here)
    • Uninstall sound driver and then install new drivers using IOBit Driver Installer
    • Install drivers downloaded from Realtek(this made sounds on low volume normal but when it is high the problem still persist).

Many websites suggest that my speaker is dirty, should I bring it to Acer or is there a way to fix it at home? I've tried many solutions but none of them work.

Thanks again for your help!

• brummyfan2
    Options

You have single stick of RAM at the moment, hence it showing as single channel, for the sound driver, you need to try different drivers and find the correct driver, you can also going to Sounds and adjust the settings to eliminate the crackling noise.

Right click the speaker icon in your taskbar, go to sounds, speakers and Properties to set the correct settings, it's mainly due to driver and don't think it's due to dirt or dust in my opinion.

• andretommy2012
    Options

How do I reroll it back to the stock driver? I've tried installing drivers from both Realtek and Acer but no luck.

• brummyfan2
    Options

Go to Device manager by right clicking the start, expand Sound, Video and game controllers, right click Realtek, select Properties and uninstall the driver in Driver tab, reboot and see what driver the Windows installs.