I plugged my headphones into a usb. The laptop will not restart. Anything I can do?

Options
stephenhh
stephenhh Member Posts: 2 New User

I plugged my headphones into a usb. The laptop will not restart. Anything I can do? Also, how do I remove the battery from the laptop?

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Options

Were they USB headphones? Did the headphones work before? What model computer do you have? Does the laptop have power and lights but won't boot? More details would be helpful.

• stephenhh
    stephenhh Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi Mary, No it was a regular headphone, not USB. Headphones did and still work. Acer Aspire E5-511P. When I try to boot up I get the blue light that is on when the computer is working. It stays on for a few seconds and then goes off. Computer does not boot up, no sound of a fan or anything. I was able to remove the battery. It was charged but seems to be dead now. I am recharging. The same thing happens when plugged in, on the batteery or plugged in without the battery. I had someone look at it and they seem to think the mother board is the problem, wanted to replace it. I am considering trying to do it myself, what do you think? Thanks so much for your reply, let me know if you can think of anything.

Steve