Hi,I need aspire 5520 bios files to flash & reset my laptop bios.Can anyone help me find its fil

sara_461h
sara_461h Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

My Acer aspire 5520 laptop only show black screen after welcome!

Its HDD and monitor is Ok, I want to reset its BIOS by flash memory, but I can't its find its files.

Does anyone help me to get them?

Thanks

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

what version of Windows are you running? Is it the Windows from factory?

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • sara_461h
    sara_461h Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for your attention to my problem.

I would be very grateful if you help me.

My laptop just shows black screen after acer page.

DVD drive doesn't work. Laptop doesn't diagnose DVD drive even in setup page! but the DVD drive works mechanically.

I thought that will be solved by new windows.

So I tried installing Windows by Flash memory, but it wasn't successful.

I connected its HDD to another laptop via USB-HDD connector and formatted its Windows partition.

And now... It has no Windows

I also tried flashing bios using published methods in the internet, but none of them was useful.

Because BIOS files that are published in the internet notably in Acer website are useful only for updating BIOS via operating systems, whereas, flashing BIOS by flash memory needs especial file formats.

• ALI4
    ALI4 Member Posts: 1 New User

MY COMPUTER IS DED SCREEN SO AWANT TO  AVOID THAT PROBLEM

• phakuphaku
    phakuphaku Member Posts: 1 New User

obviously, it´s an old question, but it can be useful for another person with this problem. This problem is about the video chip or gpu. The chip with years, when is very hot its soldering fails and not contact the mother.

i did two test. one, start notebook making a lot of pression on the chip and two, push power on, and wait several minutes, like 10 or 20 and then, re start once, twice, until nb starts.(this put hot the chip and the aluminium and "solders" the chip)

i am working for a definitive solucion, but for now, you can change the termical paste, clean the disipator and the cooler, buy a base for cooling and take out the cover cpu for best cooling.

Hi, to everyone!