ES1-711 Win10 x64. Error Code 45 Device not connected. CD/DVD (INTERNAL)

Options
GSDMan999
GSDMan999 Member Posts: 9 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hi

Please can someone assist me. The problem is that the internal CD/DVD though listing in File explorer as D drive.  In Device manager it is a hidden device.  However, the CD/DVD is now not working at all..  Pressing the eject/load button doesn't open or close.  This happened without me knowingly changing anything except updating drivers for all the machine. IoBit Driver program.  I've uninstalled drivers and rebooted many times. Removed upper and lower filters.  Added a registry text. I have trawled the www to the point of I feel exhausting.  Having tried the many methods that are claimed to 'work' Sadly, this has not been the case for me.  If I set the boot to UEFI as some recommend, then my machine gets to just after the welcome screen and then stops. The only way to change is to revert back from UEFI. I've loadedd the Bios from support to run V1.8.  I have upgraded the other relevant driver upgrades but nothing An additional problem is the backspace does not work other than when the crsor is witinh a typed sentance eg in a search of www, this only functions to slowly revrt and delete each character. If I use it when the cursor is clicked on the arrow to revert a page screen, all that happens is this selects and highlights text and graphics. Sorry for size of my post. Hoping I can find an answer other than a format?

Regards

Michael

Answers

• philetus
    Options

Go to Device manger and in view click Show Hidden Devices. expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right click on your DVD drive and see if it says enable. If not, click uninstall. Then click  Scan for Hardware Changes to reinstall it.

If none of this works, post your model number.

• GSDMan999
    Options

Hello my Friend

My Grateful THANKS for your input on my post.

Since I wrote, I have discovered the cd/dvd referece to the device, is that of the portable USB device I have resorted to using in this dilmma. However, I tried the method you specified and no change, other than when rebooted the cd/dvd referece in device manager isnt listed, even with hidden devices ticked.  A STRANGE well to me, instance I have noticed. That the portable USB cd/dvd device is given drive letter e. However drive letter D is showing in file explorer? If I click left or right mouse buttons, a small box opens to advise insert disk.  The D drive still shows even with USB device uninstalled??

Thank you again

Michael

• philetus
    Options

Have you thought that maybe your DVD drive is broken?

• GSDMan999
    Options

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

yes, I have considered the set cd/dvd may be broken.  I also thought that if this were the case, then I may have seen or heard issues from it before a working one moment dead the next?  I also considered opening the laptop outer case and disconnecting the device and then re connecting.  I'm not certain exactly how I would achieve this, there are so many screw heads I am apprehensive as to attempting this, not feeling tool confident. 

Thank you again

• philetus
    Options

After you pull it, boot up, open a command prompt as Administrator and type sfc /scannow. After it's done, type chkdsk /f both of these will check the system for corruption.

2016-09-12_0901.jpg

• philetus
    Options

After you pull it, boot up, open a command prompt as Administrator and type sfc /scannow. After it's done, type chkdsk /f and when it asks to reboot, type y. Both of these will check the system for corruption.

2016-09-12_0901.jpg

• GSDMan999
    Options

Hello Philetus

SORRY I have been delayed in response to your kind help.  I do not keep good health.

However, I have commited the response of remving CD/DVD and running scannow and chkdsk.  When scannow had completed, it gave a message that some files were unable to repair/delete to try chkdsk which I did, however, I was not able to run from cmd. becaause of previous scannow report. Did I wish to run from a reboot? so I checked yes a Pnd so it ran from reboot indicaing no changes. Something I noted when running scannow, it indicated it was running from windows system 32.  My current windows version is Windows 64bit. Is that normal?

Having completed the tasks you mentioned, I now see as well a CD/DVD drive letter D. A further additional CD/DVD drive letter E. At first neither would eject or function. I have tried a whole range of checks and again the CD/DVD drive was invisible until I ticked the appropriate view command. Though, unexpectedly, in response to unknown D or E listing, the drawer tray opened and shut!! and manually did so again and again.  I placed a DVD in the drawer and t appeared to be reading the DVD. However, when I click the eject command in both D and E icons nothing responds. At this moment I am repeating the last advice you gave me, again with device removed. My CD/DVD device model is Panasonic UJ8E2Q  Manufactured July 2014 Both drives are still showing though as mentined neither would respond using thir commands The D drive in properties showed my hard drive as the disk drive? 

Thanks Sincerely

Michael

• NEIL36
    NEIL36 Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

I have the same problem with mine.The optical cd drive is not working and not showing on My Computer although shows up as hidden devices in Device Manager.Just want to know how to repair and the make & model no of the disk drive

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

If it will allow it, right click on the hidden device CD/ DVD and click Update Driver Software, Browse My Computer, Let Me Pick From A List, and next.

• GSDMan999
    Options

THANKS Philetus

Sorry Ive not been around lately, ill health.  Ive just read your last response to my post and shall study and aim to find an answer to this long running issue. I shall post my results asap. In the meantime, My Grateful Thanks to you

Best Wishes

Michael

• philetus
    Options

I hope your health improves. If that link doesn't work, you might try booting a Linux live cd and see if the CD works in Linux. This is a good one http://knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

Hopefully you have another computer to burn a CD.

• GSDMan999
    Options

Hi

Again my MANY THANKS  for yor patiece and assistance! VERY REWARDING!

Well, I've followed through the advice pag link you posted.  I've actually had a partial success!!! The cd/dvd is now opening and losing as it should!!! However, I've tried various disks, both software and music.  The device is actually reading, well it appears to be.  But that is as far as I get.  Device manager I still have to show hidden devices, though it shows my cd/dvd device it is greyed out and indicates code 45 not connected. When I right click the device and go to properties (where it states code 45 etc) it say the device location is 'on USB Mass Storage Device'. I also have x2 cd/dvd Drives in My PC. Drive D and Drive E.  Neither is responsive to a disk being in the device. If I command to open, a small wipndow states to insert a disk into the drive and if I command to eject a small window indicates an error occured whilst ejecting from drive chosen.  I've realsied the icon for drive E is representing the programme Power ISO which I have installed.  So my friend, so near but still so far.

My Sincere THANKS  for your patience time and assistance

My Best Wishes

Michael

• philetus
    Options

Take out the screw in the bottom and pull out the DVD. Boot up the computer. Shut down and slide it back in and boot up. Maybe reinstalling it will help.

ES1-711

es1-711.jpg

E5-411

e5-411.jpg

• mackpt1
    mackpt1 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Here is how to Fix DVD Not detected In Windows 10

1- Right click on the Windows icon and from the context menu that appears, find and click on the option named Device Manager.

2- A separate window for Device Manager opens up. Now look for an entry named DVD/CD-ROM Drives and expand it by clicking on the associated side arrow. Right click on the DVD driver in use, and click on the Uninstall option.

3- When asked for device uninstall confirmation, click on OK button.

4- As next, click on Action tab and then on Scan for hardware changes as shown in the following screenshot.

5- Now find the standard DVD driver just like before and right click on it. This time, click on the Update Driver Software option.

6- Click on Search automatically for updated driver software option as shown below when asked.

Source:- https://merabheja.com/fix-dvd-not-working-issue-in-windows-10/