(E5 573)Laptop shut down suddenly, does not reboot & does not charge(no charging light)

Options
AnjaliL
AnjaliL Member Posts: 1 New User

Yesterday while I was inserting headphones into my laptop, the laptop shut down suddenly at around 15% remaining battery charge.

When I plugged in the charging cable, the charging LED did not light up.

The laptop refuses to boot up with or without the charging cable.

When I looked online, the solution seems to be removing the battery and long-pressing the power button. However I cannot take out the battery without voiding the warranty as it is locked by screws.

Model : E5 573 31G2

Thanks in advance Cat Happy

Answers

• Pusd
    Pusd Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    If your Acer Aspire E5-573 will not power on, try the steps below to see if they resolve the issue.

Unplug AC power adapter.
    Locate the battery reset pinhole on the bottom of the computer.
    Insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole. Hold the reset button for 5 seconds.
    Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power.
    Connect the AC adapter and power on the system
    If you are still experiencing a problem, please contact Acer support for further assistance..

Source: http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41442/~/acer-aspire-e5-573-will-not-power-on
  • Pusd
    Pusd Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    This worked for me! I faced this problem tonight, why don't you give it a try.
  • wraith73
    wraith73 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    • My E5-573 did same thing, and after a bit of trial and error (before checking this site, of course), found the little battery hole, did the reset and got mine up and running again.

I just want to know if anyone knows what caused the computer to do this in the 1st place? I only bought mine a tad over a month ago and want to know if it's just a one-off random occurrence, or if I should be getting my receipt out for a trip back to the shop. Seems odd if other people have the same issue.

My old 4741g never had this problem until it died recently. Apart from a lot of dust getting into it, the 4741g had been on non-stop for pretty much the whole 6 years I had it!