E5-571P wifi issue

Narov
Narov Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

Since a few days, I had this annoying problem with my laptop (E5-571P) : even though I could get access to the network, I couldn't get a wifi internet connection. All other computers and phones in the house could, except my laptop. When I ran the troubleshooter, it said : ''this computer switches constantly between routers or wireless access points'' (it might not be exactly the same words in english - I'm translating from french) and ''excessive roaming''. This is the latest message I got, before it suddenly worked again after I rebooted the router (which worked once the day before, but only for a few hours until I lost the connexion again..)
Though, I also got somes previous messages like : ''one or more protocols are absent on this PC'' or something like ''Winsock'' errors. I tried EVERYTHING from Windows help and a lot of things in the Command Prompt (admin).
Anyway, now it works, but I don't know if the problem is solved and if I am gonna lose the internet connexion again for an indefinite period.

Can anyone help me with that??? It would be really appreciated!! Thanks!

Answers

• Gnat
    Gnat Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi.

I am having the same problem with my E5-571P laptop last week. I did a search for answers online on another device. One worked eventually, but they're not working for me today. Apparently it has something to do with Win 10 updates and anti-virus software being not compatible.