Custum Resolution Intel - Model Aspire E1-510-2669

Options
aap10
aap10 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello

I’ve connected a HDMI cable to a TV, but the picture is not fitting right it needs to be scaled smaller. The TV doesn’t allow me to scale, so I’ve been trying to figure a way to do with my computer. Intel has "custom resolution" setting but they don’t show up on my "intel graphics display" settings. I’ve tried the link below with no success. Has anyone found a different way to get it to work?

Intel driver version is 10.18.10.4276 on my computer, lastest driver.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005540.html

How do I access the Custom Resolutions/Modes feature in the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel?
The Custom Resolutions/Modes feature has been removed from the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel. However, it is still an existing feature included with the driver. In order to access it, you will need to follow these steps:
1.Navigate to the following directory; C:\Windows\System32.
2.Look for the Intel application named CustomModeApp.exe.
3.Open that .exe and you will be presented with an updated Custom Resolutions/Modes menu similar to that of older control panels.

Best Answer

Answers

• philetus
    Options

I have connected my TV via HDMI to three laptops and didn't have to do any scaling adjustments with any of them.

Do you have a premium HDMI  cable? What is the TV model?

• aap10
    Options

A Haier tv and generic hdmi cable.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

A Haier tv, model number?

A generic HDMI cable probably isn't doing the job. I had a generic cable and it did not work correctly so, I bought a better thin cable, which worked once and went out.

I bought a heavy Monster HDMI and haven't had a problem since. Like this one.

http://www.frys.com/product/8669080?site=srSmiley FrustratedEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

• aap10
    Options

Ah... tried a better hdmi cable and all is working good. Thanks for your help.