Cannot access Recovery partition Acer Aspire E1 - 571 - 6471

Options
CLJ13
CLJ13 Member Posts: 7 New User
Greetings, I purchased an Acer Aspire about a year ago and the laptop has seen minimal. I have experienced a common problem that Windows 8 users have. When I upgraded to Windows 8.1 - I got a 'failure to reconfigure updates' reverting back and it would go into a loop and continually do this. I only discovered this was common after. ALT+F10 does not work for me. Even though it appears the option is enabled on my computer. Currently if I can get the function to work - ALT+F10 did up until recently bring me to 'Preparing Start Up Repair' - then it would go to System Restore. After System Restore started, the splash screen would just stay displayed and nothing happens. I am attempting to order recovery disks but apparently non US customers have issues with ordering them. I don't understand how this can happen. I have not used the laptop very often at all. It's practically a fresh install. In a year it has maybe seen 50 hours of useage. I have no way of accessing system recovery options as of now. The laptop is essentially bricked. Please help!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Options

hi...

Power ON the computer and tap the  F2 key as soon as you restart the computer since windows 8 loads too fast.

Please press the F9 key and then select "Yes" to load default and save the configuration.
    Then press the F10 key and select "Yes" to save the changes in BIOS.
    The computer would restart automatically.  

When the Acer logo appears on the screen (As soon as computer powers on), press and hold the the left Alt key  and tap the F10 key. 

This will restore your computer to the original factory configuration, and erase all data on the system.

If you are not able to get the troubleshoot page, press and hold the left Shift key. Restart the computer continuously for around 4 times without allowing the computer to go past the Gateway logo screen. You will get the Trouble shoot screen, in which you will get the option to reset your computer to the factory shipped settings.  

If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat

• CLJ13
    CLJ13 Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

Hi and Thank you for replying!! I have tried both of the options you have given me and both of them bring me to the 'Perparing Start Up Repair' option.  Nothing happens after that. The screen goes blank.  The system restore option used to come up before.  But now nothing is happening.  There are no viruses on my system, the computer itself wasn't used for internet purposes.

After a couple of minutes very brief message that lasts not even 2 seconds pops up.  It's a bright blue screen that has a sad face on it Smiley Sad

It says something about something being wrong.  I can barely read it because it happens so fast.

• dgforeman
    dgforeman Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

i have this same laptop. it was windows 7 when purchased with free upgrade to windows 8. I made the recovery disks and now need to use them as I have some corrupted files which pevent me from accessing the internet. I went to recovery and chose option keep files then put in first disk and it said that disk was not able to be accessed. Does anyone know how to get these disks to work. I can't remember if I made those disks before or after I upgraded to 8.1.