Can't separate Headphone and speaker audio

Options
Silverks
Silverks Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

Just bought a new Acer E15 (E5-571G). It works great, but in my daily life, I have to use headphones a lot (I don't use laptop speakers at all).

But no matter how hard I try, sound is coming both from speakers and the headphones.

I have the latest Realtek HD audio drivers. Realtek recognizes when a device is plugged in the audio jack, but still, under 'playback' devices, there is only one option - Speakers. 

Running Windows 10, Build 10162. The headphones work great on another laptop with the same build.

This is my last resort, Please help! I don't want to void the warranty, by manually opening and disabling the laptop speakers.

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

go to control panel, hardware and sound, realtek hd audio manager.

In the top right there is a "device advanced settings" (or a little gear or folder) where you can select to make your outputs as 2 different streams.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Silverks
    Options

Thanks for the reply.

I saw pictures of the "device advanced settings", but It seems that my audio manager doesn't have one... Here's a screenshot - http://imgur.com/Dz2sFGm

Should I try to completely reinstall the drivers?

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

i would try to install the latest Realtek 2.79 from Realtek website:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

tick "i accept...."

then choose 32 or 64 bit driver, uninstall your Realtek drivers then install the new one.

• Silverks
    Options

Can't thank you enough! It worked!

And I though that Acer website had the latest drivers....

Much appreciated! Thanks!

• IronFly
    Options
    Yoi welcome. Smiley Happy
    Windows 10 is not already in the market, so Acer doesn't have Win10 drivers available.