Black bars/marks showing on screen of Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575G-53VG

nicelimbo
nicelimbo Member Posts: 2 New User

I recently purchased the Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575G-53VG 15.6-inch Full HD Notebook. Shortly after buying it, these black marks seemingly randomly started to show up on the screen. I can't seem to identify a pattern of when it happens, but it's pretty constant at this point. Does anyone know what's going on with my computer? Is it something i can fix or should I try to return it?

black marks.jpg

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Are they there all the time or just in Chrome, if you are using Chrome? I notice you have a browser open.

• nicelimbo
    nicelimbo Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi. thanks for responding to my post. It only happens when I have a browser open. I use Firefox most of the time and IE less often. I never use Chrome.

Thanks for your help!

Rodney

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Try updating your graphics card.

Open Firefox and type about:config and yes I accept the risk.

Type layers in search, look for .enabled

If it's not there, right click anywhere in the preference names and select NEW, string, paste 

layers.offmainthreadcomposition and hit OK paste enabled=false and hit OK. Restart Firefox and see if it made a difference.

• hdsisako
    hdsisako Member Posts: 1 New User

This exact problem happens to me too.  It is browser independent.  I bought my laptop some three months ago.  It was ok for about one month, but started showing this problem after that, and is getting worse.  The solution suggested does not work.  I believe this is hardware related.