Audio distortion inflicted by trackpad (E15 E5-575G-53VG)

uhura
uhura Member Posts: 5 New User

Every time I use my (new, just out of the box) laptop's trackpad while watching a video/listening to music/doing anything that uses the speakers, the audio becomes staticky and distorted. It's been happening since I bought it a couple weeks ago. I've tried uninstalling the trackpad drivers and rebooting, uninstalling a couple audio drivers and rebooting, but nothing has had any effect. I haven't noticed the same distortion while using earphones or an external speaker. I've seen a couple people with Acer laptops (not the same model) reporting the same problem, but their issues seem to have been resolved by uninstalling the drivers. Does anyone have any other solutions, or at least a potential explanation for the problem?

Best Answer

• PMiner
    PMiner Member Posts: 180 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Ok, double click on the orange icon, and in this window: RTD.PNG click on default format, and try different bitrates to see if this helps. if your sound stops working, just click the reset button.

Answers

• PMiner
    Try it with a mouse, to see if the problem is still present. This happens on my computer with the built in speakers as well, until installed the driver from here.
  • uhura

Unfortunately I don't have a mouse to test it with right now but I might be able to borrow one; I installed the audio and touchpad drivers from the link you provided but still no dice. Thank you though!

• PMiner

does the audio driver look like;

A:RTA2.PNG

B:RTA.PNG

this should be in the notification center, or this: Notification.PNG

• uhura

There's actually no icon in my notfication centre for the audio driver, but these are the related drivers listed on my device manager if that helps anything:

drivers1.png

drivers2.png

• PMiner
    in the start menu, can you search for an audio manager?
  • uhura

Yes there it is lol, mine is the orange volume icon.

• PMiner
    Answer ✓

Ok, double click on the orange icon, and in this window: RTD.PNG click on default format, and try different bitrates to see if this helps. if your sound stops working, just click the reset button.

• uhura

Trying different bitrates didn't help me but that window looks a little different for me, there was an Acer TrueHarmony tab and disabling that seems to have solved my problem at least for now so thank you for even pointing out to me that the window exists :-) I'm going to keep testing it but if it holds up then I'll close the thread tomorrow.

• PMiner
    Ok! Glad i could help! Smiley Very Happy