Aspire m5 583P No sound from speakers/headphones no audio output device but bluetooth works

Options
Labrylao
Labrylao Member Posts: 10 New User

i have an aspire m5 583p... There is a red X on the volume Icon on taskbar and when i double click it. It goes thru the troubleshooting windows... ending with "hardware changes may not have been detected"

In control panel the sound video game controller device is only shown when i request hidden

So no sound from speakers or headphones

But when i start bluetooth i can connect headphones and have sound.

Windows 8.1

Labrylao

Answers

• Labrylao
    Options

also it says no audio output device is connected

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Are you at the 2.30 bios?

Windows search type msinfo32

What driver is installed for audio?

Device Manager/Sound, etc./Realtec/ double click and select driver.

• Labrylao
    Options

I know the bios is not updated.... i beleive it is 2.11. 

And i am in the middle of doing a system refresh with all the updating of windows ... which was incredibly time comsuming and confusing.  Amazing how many ways to find control panel and windows updating there are in windows 8.  Have not even brought it back to 8.1 yet.  And i know the audio still has a red x.  When i am done with the update .. have considered going on to win 10.  

And the reason i went to the "refresh" is the blue tooth stopped working as well.  I would be on wireless devices page ( the only thing that would be found in search for bluetooth) and there would be a "switch" for blue tooth and i would put it "on" and then it would turn itself "off" in about 5 seconds. 

I will update later in the morning all what all my drivers are. I know i had downloaded the newest realtek one from acer but could not load it. Since it seemed not to have any hardware to load it too. 

Labrylao

• Labrylao
    Options

ok while it is still installing updates.. i got the msin32 .. it is bios v2.11 and looking for the sound drivers in device manager. I have to click show hidden since the sound video game controller is not showing normally. the realtek high definition driver 6.0.1.6927 is there.. and microsoft trusted audio driver too.  (both say) "currently this hardware device is not connected to computer (code 45)

• philetus
    Options

Update your bios and install the newest audio driver

BIOSAcerFix ghost key when pressed 'right shift' key and exchange ‘q’ and ‘s’ key2.303.4 MB2015/01/20Download
    AudioRealtekAudio Driver6.0.1.7032393.5 MB2013/10/18Download

Updating to Windows 10 may cause you more trouble.

• Labrylao
    Options

ok after all the updates where completed and i was back to win 8.1..I updated the bios to 2.30  no problems. and updated the audio driver also.. restarted after no probelms but i still have the red x of death on the volume icon. So i clicked on it and it went to playing audio detecting problems.  it went to scanning hardware and finished with hardware changes may not have been detected.  device manager still have sound video game controller hidden and when i open that... no realtek is shown.  just trusted windows audio.......now when i turn on bluetooth and my bluetooth headphones and pair.  the red X of death on volume icon is gone and i have sound thru the headphones

• Labrylao
    Options

also i am now getting    Dolby home theatre errors... saying the driver did not install properly and i should restart or if that doesnt work reinstall the driver

• philetus
    Options

Let's try the driver a different way.

Extract the driver to a new folder on the desktop.

Go to Device Manager/Audio inputs and Outputs/uninstall High Def speakers

Go to audio folder and click install

Don't reboot

After the install is double click PCEE4 and double click Dolby Home Theater.

Reboot.

Have you opened playback devices and right click in the body and show disabled or disconnected devices?

• Labrylao
    Options

Ok in device manager audio input and output is hidden and when i click show hidden it only lists my bluetooth headphones... no speakers

• philetus
    Options

go to services and see if Windows Audio service is running.

Make sure that Windows Audio service is started.

a. Click Start, type services.msc and press Enter.

b. Double-click "Windows Audio" service.

c. Click the Log On tab.

d. Click Local System account, and then click OK.

e. Right-click "Windows Audio" service, and then click Start.

f. Follow the same steps for "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder" service.

• Labrylao
    Options

when i got to right click on "windows audio" start was greyed out so i stopped and then right click again and started it.  Then got a box that says.  Windows could not start windows audio service on local computer.  error 1079 account specified for this service is different then the account specified for other processes running in the same process.

• philetus
    Options

Try doing it as Administrator.

• philetus
    Options

Just go into the login properties of the service you are trying to start and select "This Account".  Browse your computer and find the "Local Service" account.  Wipe out the password so that it is blank and apply.  You will be presented with a dialog stating the that the account has been granted the login as a service right.  Then start your service. 

When you get to Logon, delete the passwords and click apply.

You will be presented with a dialog stating the that the account has been granted the login as a service right.  Then start your service. 

• Labrylao
    Options

I only have one user account.. so i am the administer.  and I cant find the "name"? of the local service account.. i am assuming that is what you want me to do. I found a post in which they suggested you put in the name   NT AUTHORITY\LocalService and not passwords ..that worked in the i have both services running now..

But I still do not have sound video game controllers showing up in device manager only when i click hidden and i do show the realtek sound card.. ran the audio driver installer again. and restarted the computer as asked. (thank god i have a desktop too lol)...still no changes...

but have a yellow exclaimation mark under system devices on the high definition audio controller..when i click it device ... This device cannot start (code 10) (operation failed) the requested operation was unsuccessful)  .. i have driver 6.3.9600.17238 listed....i also tried add legacy hardware the realtek high definition audio... this time it added it ..but then stated.. the software for this device is now installed but may not work correctly  this device cannot start (code 10) and it showed in the sound video game controller (no longer hidden) but still had driver issues...

so i uninstalled it and the high definition audio (HDA) from the system devices group and reinstalled the HDA driver that no longer has a yellow !... and re installed the realtek diriver from the downloaded file...and restarted..no luck ..went to device manager and added legacy hardware again...again code 10 no luck.... and i have officially confused myself on what i have done and not done and when i did it....

so as it sits now.. i now have the sound video game controller option available in device manager but there is a Yellow ! on the realtek hgih definition audio and it states This device cannot start (code 10) the request is not supported. 

But at least i can connect bluetooth headphones for sound....... Thank you so much for your many suggestions

Lee-Ann

• philetus
    Options

"Yellow ! on the realtek hgih definition audio" Right click on it and uninstall. then go to the top of Device Manager and click Scan for Hardware Changes.

• Labrylao
    Options

so i uninstalled .. and then went to scan for hardware changes.. it took 1/2 sec to do nothing... and now sound video game controller is hidden again... and no realtek is listed under it.