Aspire e1-510p Starts then Stops

Calexis0X
Calexis0X Member Posts: 1 New User
E1-510P-29208G50Mnkk

While under warranty, my laptop suddenly wouldn't turn on correctly. The fan starts and the LEDs light up for a few seconds and the system shuts off. It then starts again and gets caught it a loop. It never gets to the boot screen. The first time it happened, tech support was unable to help online and I had to send it in to be repaired. I cant find the sheet that they sent saying what they did but my computer was sent back and none of my settings were changed. My laptop is now doing this again and is no longer under warranty. Any idea what this could be?

I have already tried draining the power out by unplugging and removing the battery and holding the power button. I have also tried turning on without the battery in and sometimes it does the shutting on/off and sometimes it wont start at all. The only significant thing that happened was the battery had drained entirely right before this issue happened. Also, my adaptor occasionally has an intermittent connection but the led light is lit orange so I do not believe that is the issue here and I do not have another adaptor to test it with.

I am extremely frustrated as this is the third issue in just two years I have had with this device. This is my first acer product and I have had nothing but problems with it. If anyone knows how I can see what they did to fix it the first time, this would be helpful too.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

The first thing you should do is find another adapter to test it with. Take it to a small computer shop and see if they have one you can try. There is no way we can find what Acer service did to your laptop to fix it.

Does the power jack on the laptop wiggle around excessively?