Aspire ES HDMI not working

mj2
mj2 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

Hi , we had recently bought a Aspire ES 15 laptop and had been using the HDMI to connect to the TV and watch without any issues. However the last 2 times we have tried to do this, it is not working. Any suggestions ?  Thanks 

Answers

• Have you tried another HDMI cable. You get best results with a premium cable. A cheap cable won't last.

• mj2
    mj2 Member Posts: 2 New User

This is a premium hdmi cable that I am using. In fact when I connect my asus laptop there is no issue but for some reason I am not able to connect my Acer to the to using the hdmi cable.

• ttimsterr
    ttimsterr Member Posts: 1 New User

Exactly the same problem.  Aspire E 15 E5-573-P2ZQ

My other laptop connects fine to both of my TVs, my ACER laptop used to and now doesnt.

I have updated all drivers and even brought a new high quality cable!! All to no avail.

If ACER can say something more than buy a new cable and update drivers it would be appreciated.

If not this laptop is coming back, brought it to use for presentations and strangley enough some require HDMI.

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

I know you probally checked but have to ask, is the HDMI port on laptop clean?  Obviously stuff can get in there. Look?  Try some can air duster stuff to blow it out once in a while?  Sorta like a smart phone cord randomly not working well, most the time if the cable is good the port is dirty.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

First thing, check your BIOS version:

if lower than 1.37, please update it:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.37_A_A.zip?acerid=635931764613099898&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20E5-573&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

to check BIOS version:

windows logo key + r

type

msinfo32

check BIOS/DATE version

if the issue persist:

windows logo key + x

click on Device manager

click on Display adapter

right click on Intel graphic adapter

choose to uninstall it and tick to uninstall software too

once done, reboot and let windows download and re-install drivers.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • kerrae
    kerrae Member Posts: 1 New User

just bought this Aspire ES1  tried this solution  didn't work  everytime i plug in my TV responds not supported

• CarloIsidore
    CarloIsidore Member Posts: 1 New User
    my aspire E11 has HDMI sound on my 50 inch tv but recently lost sound on my 32 incher. 
  • HorusAssist
    HorusAssist Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    IronFly said:

First thing, check your BIOS version:

if lower than 1.37, please update it:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.37_A_A.zip?acerid=635931764613099898&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20E5-573&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

to check BIOS version:

windows logo key + r

type

msinfo32

check BIOS/DATE version

if the issue persist:

windows logo key + x

click on Device manager

click on Display adapter

right click on Intel graphic adapter

choose to uninstall it and tick to uninstall software too

once done, reboot and let windows download and re-install drivers.

Thank you. It was so simple. Uninstalling the driver and rebooting worked for me.
This discussion has been closed.