Aspire ES 15 Windows 10 Disk events - hangs PC -thoughts and oddities

Wanglese
Wanglese Member Posts: 2 New User

I have a new Aspire Es15, 8GB RAM, Windows 10, 1TB hard disk.

BIos and drivers up to date.

IN the past week or so, wierdness has happened. 

I get the disk high usage, and the whole PC hangs for a few seconds, annoyingly. it happens with monotonous regularity.

Looking at the Event Viewer in Windows 10, and System log,  I see a LOT of Event 153 errors:

"The IO operation at logical block address for Disk 0 was retried"

OK. It's NOT a disk failing - I've run numerous tests.  Also, a restore to a previous point stops it temporarily. Zfor a day or so.  That's bothersome!

I've disabled Windows Defender, as I think that was not helping at all (it seemed to be doing a LOT of activity to the disk). So far so good, but it took a while for it to settle down. I'll put on a better anti-virus program anway.

Putting this out there to see if anyone else is experiencing this.

I saw some activity discussing this on some Intel forums, but they were unhelpful

I have a much, much older ALDI laptop with Windows 10, and it doesn't do this (It has Windows Defender running, and so I'm not 100% sure. 

I was wondering if it's a driver issue somewhere.

Answers

• Wanglese
    Wanglese Member Posts: 2 New User

OK, update in a week.

Capture.PNG

So over the past week I have:

1: rolled back to a previous Windows restore point and each and every time I have a Windows critical update happen, the issue returns on a reboot:.   

Capture2.PNG

Thinking it was that horrible piece of software called "Flash", I removed it. Now that took a LOT of doing and requires going into various files, changing ownership and security etc, so you can delete the individual files.( I only mention this in order to prevent others going through the long process to do this and waste time).

So there is something in the latest update KB3147458 that Windows 10 on the Acer does not like.

Is this an ACER issue, or a Microsoft Issue?