Aspire E5 721 w/Windows 10 , Radeon update. Now brightness doesn't work. Updated BIOS, didn't help.

victort21
victort21 Member Posts: 3 New User

Aspire E5 721 was upgraded to Windows 10 and worked fine, until after a Radeon update was installed yesterday.  Now I can't control the brightness, which is at maximum and very hard on my eyes.  There was a notation to update the BIOS after Win10 upgrade to solve the issue, but that didn't help at all.  

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

You could try a system restore to a previous working state.

• victort21

Windows 10 doesn't seem to have a way to use System Restore (didn't notice if Windows 8.1 had it before upgrading).  This is only on this laptop, since desktop is running Windows 7, which has a place to type in "System Restore" just below program/app list in Start Menu.  No such thing appears in Win20 Start Menu, and I looked through all settings (which replaces Control Panel that was in earlier Windows versions).

• victort21

Still looking for solution to my problem.  I don't use the laptop as much as I used to, due to this brightness issue.  There doesn't seem to be a System Restore anywhere in Windows 10.  The problem only started after updating the Radeon software for the video card.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

You need to go to Control panel (click windows start button at the bottom left) click System and security,security and maintenance, Recovery and Open System restore.