Aspire E5-721 - Keyboard Problem

Options
Profwalken
Profwalken Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hi,

French user of an Acer E5-721 with W10 64bits aniversary edition, my problem is with keyboard management.

Sometimes windows add the french azerty keyb in windows with ps2 driver, when it's like that  keyboard is not full working numeric keypad is out of service and when you press other keyb response is very slow.

other boot situation keyboard is completly unseen, so i have only visual keyboard solution or plug an external usb keyb to work properly. Very useful situation for a laptop !!!!

i notice also a strange situation in entering code in wifi parameters , even my Windows is french with french keyboard, when i entered wifi pwd only in the wifi field keyboard is in qwerty mode, very cool .....

out of windows for example in bios or with linux keyboard is working well, so it's not a hardware failure. I've found no drivers for keyboard or touchpad on acer website.

Microsoft says me it's an Acer problem and of course Acer said me it's microsoft editing the keyboard driver.

Do you have any known solution ? i have also done the bios update in v1.07 without improvment.

thanks for anyone can help.

Best regards

Profwalken

Answers