Aspire E5-575-54E8 RAM upgrade...

Options
Scott1990
Scott1990 Member Posts: 3 New User

Does the Aspire E5-575-54E8 require complete disassembly to upgrade the ram or just the removal of the bottom panel? I've looked on youtube but can't find this specific model.

Best Answer

• Scott1990
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have answered my own question. With help (I'm disabled so...) we found that this model only requires the removal of three screws and then pop off a medium sized hatch. The ram and hdd are totally accessible.

Now, time to buy more ram. Smiley Happy

Thanks all

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

First of all it is not recommended to do any hardware disassembling by your own, unless and until you are certified technician or a hardware technician. Also if your laptop is under warranty and the laptop is opened by you, then the warranty will not be claimed in future and for any further hardware problem you will have to take paid service unnecessary.
    If Laptop is not under warranty and you are trained to open the laptop then, yes go ahead and open the back panel and you will see small chip of Ram attached in PCI slot. Remove the ram by pressing the notch and then attached the upgraded size of Ram in the same slot.

Hope this will help you.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,262 Trailblazer
    Options

When you remove the back panel, pay more attention to the connection made to the motherboard, remove slowly without breaking, remove the plug from the motherboard before taking it out completely.

Watch @2:56 in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHJhiwxsWWM

• Scott1990
    Options

I take it that my laptop has the same layout as the model seen in your video?

I've had/used several brands of laptops, but this is the first that I've seen that doesn't have a special hatch to access ram and hdd... not very good design thinking, in my opinion anyway.

• Scott1990
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have answered my own question. With help (I'm disabled so...) we found that this model only requires the removal of three screws and then pop off a medium sized hatch. The ram and hdd are totally accessible.

Now, time to buy more ram. Smiley Happy

Thanks all