Aspire E5-574g Brightness Issue

Options
haprice
haprice Member Posts: 2 New User

Good day!

I had my new laptop and i and my friend who had the same unit is experiencing this changes on the brightness. When the screen changes from white to black vis-a-vis the screen brightness adjust on its on.

When I open the Internet explorer which is white the screen brightness adjust lighter; but when closed and returned to the desktop screen which is black it the screen brightness adjust darker.

Can you help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Options

This is not something we've come across before.  To eliminate a software issue, make sure the brightness settings are not changing when you switch from a dark to light screen. When you are on a dark screen press the FN key + arrow right or left key and note where the brightness setting is. Then go to a light screen and do the same thing and if the brightness setting is the same no matter what screen you are on, then the brightness setting is not changing and causing this. It would be hard to determine the cause but if you are running the Acer OEM operating system it could be a hardware issue with the LCD. 

• haprice
    haprice Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I tried your sugguestion but didn't work. Maybe I'll try to take it back to the store for warranty. Thank you again. Hope they can fix the issue.