Aspire-E5-574G fan makes noise

JBC703
JBC703 Member Posts: 4 New User

I do alot of gaming, and the fan seems to make noise,while rubbing against something when I: tilt the laptop downard, press under the left side of the laptop too hard with my knee, move the laptop from mid-air to my lap quickly.

the sound is miniscule or nonprevalent when non gaming, obviously because the fan is not in much use,as the computer is not that hot. 

so is this normal laptop behavior? or should i get it checked out? I asked around and someone said that it might just be touching a wire, and that it isn't a big deal. He said I should just get a usb cooling pad. Will this issue cause my fan to break faster? will it cause over-heating issues? i have never gamed on a laptop nor owned one, so i'm pretty oblivious. thanks fro your help.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

The faster the fan spins, the noisier it will sound. They either have a ball bearing or a sleeve bearing and the bearings can wear out, but they last for years. I wouldn't really think it was hitting or rubbing something in most cases.

• JBC703
    JBC703 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Yea but it's brand new so I'm surprised that it could be a bearing. I guess its fault meh
  • philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

New parts fail sometimes. You say it sounds like rattling and a "new" fan shouldn't sound like that. You could take it by some local computer shop and get the opinion of a tech that can hear it.