Aspire E5-571 WIFI keeps dropping out

Options
markjsnell
markjsnell Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi

I have an Aspire Laptop E5-571-371W. The wifi keeps disconnecting every 10 - 20 mins. My other devices do not have this problem so I am sure it is the laptop. I have installed all the latest updates through the acer care center. Can anyone help?

Mark

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

You didn't mention Windows 10. Does that mean you haven't upgraded to 10?

• Ap2099
    Ap2099 Member Posts: 35 Troubleshooter
    Options

Hello,

Sounds like to me that you need to update your driver in the WIFI. You can find it in the Device Manager. What I would recomend is to uninstall it then reinstall it.

You can also go to the Event Viewer to see whats going on. When I have a problem this is the first place I go to to see whats going on.

Your Settings could be as well. Another Program can cause this as well. It could be a compalabilty issue as well.

In your Event Viewer it will list a error code, for the device in question. You can then go online to look up the error code to see what it is and what it dose, and poss how to fix it.

• gr0m1t
    gr0m1t Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Exact words I used. Couln't find help on the internet, so I took the keyboard off to have a look inside. The wifi adaptor looked a bit wonky but solid. Everything looked fine, but hey, you have to do something, so I pressed down on the connectors to the wifi and .... one of them clicked. So far it hasn't dropped out again. It did feel like a h/w fault. Odd that it only developed recently tho. We had had so many win 10 updates, I was sure it was win 10, but my husband's was fine, (yep, woman here).

Hope this helps.