Aspire E5 571-563 Can't log into MS acct after Usb-Recovery.

Options
Bert11cat
Bert11cat Member Posts: 12 New User

I had to do a usb recovery for windows 8.1 about four days ago

This time I could not select my microsoft account as always. It gave me

a message, "We couldnt change your account because there's already an account on this PC with this email address".  It next gave me an option to make up a user name and password to log on. I never had to do this before,  I did and it finished to let me access the internet and to receive all Micosoft Updates, even though I could not get to it on this pc. Nothing makes sense.  Also I guess you guess, it messed the McAfee Antivirus settings up and sent me back to the Trial Subscription. I have a paid one year subscription. Not all updates where on it and nothing works on it like the other did. I went to their website to fix that issue but got a message that it was having trouble downloading my Full Subscription again. So for now I don't have it fixed. I feel like re-installing the whole thing again with so much problems. But it takes most of the day with updates to do. Any solutions would be appreciated. For now my Windows 8.1 is running. Thanks

Best Answer

• Bert11cat
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi  and thank you Acer-Cory for your answer. That's exactly what I had thought of but was afraid to try. I've never had this problem before either. But when I used to use windows 7 I had user account problems and had to delete them until only one user was running. I was told this was a problem from the help site.  I forgot to mention after posting my message I went ahead to do a "System Restore-Point" that I created. Because at some point I lost my internet connection. Kept getting messages that it wasn't there anymore. This happens at times because of the McAfee Antivirus. It doesn't close enough ports to keep out unwanted garbage. I do the repair-fix they have and it always says the Registry needs fixing. It's not from me so I know it's the internet. Right now my windows is running and McAfee is working to put my subscription back in place. I will be using your suggestion as I know it could be the only solution. Thanks again. Bert11catSmiley Happy

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

I haven't seen this before, but it doesn't appear that you're the only one that has encountered this. Here is a link that looks like it has some helpful info.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-security/logging-into-ms-account-gives-error-we-couldnt/a466e4f5-e297-4712-b0dc-52e68553e5d9?auth=1

Cory

• Bert11cat
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi  and thank you Acer-Cory for your answer. That's exactly what I had thought of but was afraid to try. I've never had this problem before either. But when I used to use windows 7 I had user account problems and had to delete them until only one user was running. I was told this was a problem from the help site.  I forgot to mention after posting my message I went ahead to do a "System Restore-Point" that I created. Because at some point I lost my internet connection. Kept getting messages that it wasn't there anymore. This happens at times because of the McAfee Antivirus. It doesn't close enough ports to keep out unwanted garbage. I do the repair-fix they have and it always says the Registry needs fixing. It's not from me so I know it's the internet. Right now my windows is running and McAfee is working to put my subscription back in place. I will be using your suggestion as I know it could be the only solution. Thanks again. Bert11catSmiley Happy

• Bert11cat
    Options

The solution to delete the ms-account worked. Went back to local account to select option to sign into ms-account and it selected it this time. Am now using my account again. thank you again.

• Bert11cat
    Options

One more solution to the problem I had, was after getting microsoft account back, I rebooted to get this message,"Restore could not be completed". We weren't able to copy your settings over from OneDrive. Try going to accounts section of PC settings, disconnect from your ms acct from this pc. Then add it again. If that doesn't work,try resetting pc to factory settings and add account again.  That was all in the message when I haed rebooted. So, I could see my microsoft account was still open on when I was on the msn web page and so was my account picture. So instead of doing all of that, I chose to go to PC settings, under OneDrive, file storage, and clicked ON to save documents to OneDrive by default. Then  go down to Sync Settings, clicked to ON to sync all on that page. Then went back to OneDrive settings to click on the, See my files on OneDrive and they were all there. Hope this helps someone else.  I did not have to do a Factory Reset after all.