Aspire E14 E5-473G BIOS issue

jeffrey033
jeffrey033 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi i recently bought an ACER E5-473G-51GY, my issue is when i plugged in my charger when gaming i get a drastic change in FPS which is very annoying, i read about it with other laptops and it is a possible BIOS issue and upon checking my BIOS version is 1.11 but when i check the acer website the latest available BIOS is 1.10. Should I downgrade my BIOS? or is there any other solutions for this I tried all the tweaking of power options and updated my NVIDIA driver. i hope you could help me on this.

Thanks

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

The latest Bios for your laptop is 1.11. Click the ALL.

2016-04-09_1450.jpg

• philetus

This may help

go to your power options, change your current plan settings, click the advanced section, expand the Processor Power Management section, click the Maximum Processor State, and change it to something other than 100%.

• jeffrey033
    so if my bios is updated why is this kind of prblem exists? i already done tweaking the power options but nothing changes...fps drops when its plugged in..sample game i played is dota2.
  • jeffrey033
    pls help me on this issue
  • jeffrey033

hope you could still me on this. The FPS drop when plugged is so annoying. Smiley Sad

• philetus

I wish I could help you, but here is the problem,

"The processor temperature quickly reaches more than 80 °C, which will cause the chip to reduce the clock to just 500 MHz. The clock is increased as soon as the chip cooled down to around 70 °C until it once again reaches 80 °C (only takes a couple of seconds) and repeats the behavior. However, the graphics card can maintain its maximum Turbo clock of 1,176 MHz and reaches up to 83 °C. The behavior of the notebook is identical on battery power. A 3DMark06 test run immediately after the stress test determined a slightly lower result (11,575 vs. 12,138 points when the device is cold).

The stress test represents a pretty impractical scenario to simulate maximum load for the system and show the limits. We therefore performed the Unigine Heaven Benchmark as well, which is a more realistic simulation for gaming scenarios. The graphics card can once again maintain its maximum Turbo clock of 1,176 MHz, but the processor only fluctuates between 800 - 1,200 MHz and just rarely manages up to 1.6 GHz. This means it could be a bottleneck in very CPU-demanding titles."

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Aspire-E5-473G-Notebook-Review.148872.0.html

Being a laptop, you are dependant on how fast it will cool dpown and since the fan won't run at high speed, it's going to get hot and throttle.