Aspire E1-572G very very slow!!

Options
kryptoon
kryptoon Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello all,

I have an Acer Aspire E1-572G and it is very very slow to everything executed. I have tried all kind of Windows; Win 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. Everything is the same. Currently I am running windows 7. I have upgraded my RAM to 8gb and the current specs are:
PROCESSOR / CHIPSET
CPU
Intel Core i5 (4th Gen) 4200U / 1.6 GHz
Max Turbo Speed
2.6 GHz
Number of Cores
Dual-Core
Cache
L3 - 3 MB
64-bit Computing
Yes

Features
Intel Smart Cache, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
CACHE MEMORY
Type
L3 cache
Installed Size
3 MB
RAM
Memory Speed
1600 MHz
Configuration Features
1 x 4 GB
Technology
DDR3L SDRAM
Installed Size
4 GB
MEMORY
Max Supported Size
8 GB
Technology
DDR3L SDRAM
Speed
1600 MHz
Form Factor
SO-DIMM 204-pin
Slots Qty
Empty Slots
STORAGE
Interface
Serial ATA-300

My problem is that when I once I am at chrome, the computer is pushed hardly to operate, even with 8gb RAM. Also, when on chrome the scrolling is super laggy. I tried to update the drivers from the Acer website to new ones but it never works as the computer says that these drivers are not supported by the manufacturer which is weird as I downloaded them from Acer driver website.

The computer has been formatted 1 month ago.

Any help or suggestions?

Thank you in advance

Answers

• Caroli
    Caroli Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

Maybe you need yo clean the fan..and add some thermal grease.

• pajuhesh80
    pajuhesh80 Member Posts: 39 Troubleshooter
    Options

try updating your bios

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

And manually install the drivers if auto install not working. I.e.: download from Acer, open zip, open the exe with say zip7, those files inside the exe manually install- like device manager, (device your updating) details, driver, update, choose manually, have disk, browse to the location you opened the exe, select and use, if windows no like click use anyway, should install. I would make a manual system restore point before you do this in case the drive you download is wrong or makes matters worse so you can roll back if needed.