Aspire E1-571 bios recovery

gmatranga86
gmatranga86 Member Posts: 3 New User

Goodmorning guys,

i have some problem with my E1-571 Acer Laptop.

Some week ago i have tried to update my bios (for some issue encounter with Windows 8).

But (i think cause a corrupted file) now my laptop is bricked.

When i power on i don't have ANY response from the laptop (only the led of power on) and after a few seconds i see a reboot (the led power off and power on again).

This situation is in loop.

I have tried to recover the BIOS with this recovery procedure:

• remove the battery
  • put Q5WV1X64.FD bios file in a FAT32 usb key and plugged in
  • press FN + ESC keys
  • with keys pressed, plug the AC/DC adapter
  • press Power On button

after this, i can hear the fan going to full speed.

But, nothing happens.... In all the internet i read that the usb key led should blink, but nothing.... There is no way to read the usb key....

Do you have some other procedure to follow?

PS: i'm sorry for my bad english Smiley Tongue

Thank you,

Giulio.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Rename the file BIOS.fd and try it again. You have to continue to hold FN + ESC keys after you press the power button until you hear the fan/ light on USB starts.

If this doesn't work, you would need to be able to access bios or the F12 boot menu, if the problem is a corrupted bios. If you can not access bios or F12 boot menu, under warranty contact Acer or have the motherboard replaced.

• gmatranga86

Hi Philetus,

this evening i'll try to rename the file in BIOS.fd and i'll retry the procedure with holding FN + ESC untile i hear the fan / light on USB starts.

I can't access the boot menu or the bios, because when i power on the laptop i have only black screen (without anithing other) and after a few seconds it restart.

Unfortunately, my warranty is expired (the laptop is 3 years old).

There is some procedure to hard reset the bios without changind the motherboard? (for example: change only the bios chip?).

Thank you,

Giulio.

• philetus

Yes, if the problem is the bios, you can get the bios chip replaced, but it may cost more that a good used MB.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=E1-571+motherboard&_sacat=0

• gmatranga86

Hi Philetus,

i have tried with to rename the file in BIOS.fd, but still stuck after the full speed fan. No response from the usb key after the full speed fan.

I have tried with 3 different usb key, FAT and FAT32 formatted, logical and primary. There is no way.

I think it's all lost...

Thank you,

Giulio.

• philetus

I didn't think it was going to work, but we tried.