Aspire E1-570 anniversary update

cniewiad
cniewiad Member Posts: 3 New User

Is it possible to install Anniversary Win 10 update on this laptop?

I had to reformat my HDD and performed clean install of Win 10, but anniversary update is coming with error:

"Failed to validate product key"

Any ideas? Or is it something that is not supported?

Thank you

Answers

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Hello there cniewiad! What the "Failed to validate product key" means is that the key used to validate a valid installion of the OS hasn't been found. Did you recently clear the drive from Windows 8.1, or was it in the process of upgrading to Windows 10? Or did you already have it, and this showed up?

It would be even better if you can provide a picture of the problem. Thank you!

• cniewiad

Thanks for reply.

As I mentioned in my initial msg, I had to reformat the HDD, so there was no Win 8.1 on my HDD.

I did not think about it, as I read that product code is either embedded in ACER BIOS or in hidden partition.

But obviously that was not the case...

Chris

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

So from what I can gather, you cleared your HDD which had WINDOWS 8.1, and NOT windows 10. Then used a Windows 10 Anniversery ISO/CD to restore the OS? Because this means that you are trying to upgrade it with a OS key you don't have. A Windows 10 key is ONLY EMBEDDED if it was ALREADY on Windows 10, or while it is upgrading. But I don't exactly think that is your intention. 

• cniewiad

Not exactly.

I updated laptop to Win 10 about 18 months ago, so it was already running Win 10.

Then about a month ago, after restarting, I run into all sorts of problem with my apps.

And then I decided to wiped the HDD and install Win 10 as the clear install.

I did, but when I tried to do anniversary update, I got this msg.