Aspire E 15 Touch stopped working after 8 months of light use

rgpFTL
rgpFTL Member Posts: 1 New User

I bought 2 of these laptops from Evine. The model is the E5-573T-5521 Intel core is with Windows 10.  I use this laptop mostly for my social media and email and to do my research papers. I set it up so that it powers down after an hour of non use. About a month ago I noticed that the laptop was running significantly slower than usual and the cursor was jumping wildly all over the place when I try to type anything, that the Web pages I try to load would freeze up a lot, and that the machine would just shutdown and reboot itself while I was in the middle of doing something. It has a 1 terabyte hard drive that is nowhere near capacity. I have also never dropped or otherwise damaged this laptop. 

Since the past 2 days the laptop refused to boot up at all. It slowly flashes the Acer logo and the preparing automatic repair message on the screen then it just goes black and does nothing. I know that these things aren't really made to last too long, but these laptops were not cheap, and 8 months is very disappointing. I am hoping that someone can help me to get it working again. Ive tried all the generic interventions i see posted on these forums and none of them work. Any ideas?

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

This could be due to a bad hard drive. If you purchased these new, not refurbished or previously owned you can contact Acer warranty support from the info posted at http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact for assistance in obtaining warranty repair. If these are not under Acer's warranty you can check with a local PC shop to see if they can check the hard drive for you.