Aspire E 15 Touch Pad problem

rogerdub
rogerdub Member Posts: 5 New User

I am a new owner of an Aspire E 15.  ES-571-58FP   Not happy with the touch pad. Sometimes it stops responding to “taps”, then I have to press harder to get it to “Click”. Other times it causes the cursor to jump to strange locations with just the slightest touch.

Device Manager under Human Interface Devices - says I have an HID-compliant touch pad. Properties shows the driver is from Microsoft dated 6/21/2006  version: 6.3.9600.17041. 

How can a driver from 2006 apply to hardware in 2015?

When I look at Driver details, it says: “No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device.”

Yet when I look up my drivers at ACER (after entering my Serial Number) – it shows two touchpad drivers:

TouchPad         ELANTECH    Touchpad Driver          11.6.24.209     124.3 MB        2014/12/18     

TouchPad         Synaptics          Touchpad Driver          17.0.6.21         203.7 MB        2014/10/24     

So I am confused. I think I should install one of these two drivers, but have no clue as to which one.

Can someone help me?  Thanks

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

In this case, you can click on the following link and download vendor detection tool. Run the .exe file and check if that displays the name of your touchpad vendor:
    http://global-download.acer.com/FilesDownload/HWID/HWVendorDetection.exe

If it does, you can download the suitable touchpad driver for your Windows version accordingly from Acer website.

If the issue still persists, you are advised to contact Acer support through the following link for further assistance:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

Hope this will help you.

• rogerdub
    rogerdub Member Posts: 5 New User

I tried your Vendor Hardware Detection link.  It only showed one item under the heading "Category" - it listed "LAN" with a vendor "Realtek".  There was no mention of the touchpad.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer

What does it say under Mice and touch in Device manager?

Capture 100.JPG

• Aquila10
    Aquila10 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Acer Aspire ES15 that I have only had for a lttle less than a year. The touchpad does not work at all... I have tried resetting the laptop, updated, uninstalled/reinstalled and nothing works! Now its coming up with install the ELAN TOUCHPAD 11.15.0.18_X64 and I have had no luck in finding anywhere that can help me get or install it!.... totally driving me absolutely bonkers! someone help please befor I smash this laptop against the wall...

• Keithrw
    Keithrw Member Posts: 3 New User

My Acer Aspire 15 is older than yours, the touch pad has never worked.

Plus it hibernates every 3 minutes unless I am workingon it.  It's awful

Bob