Aspire E 15 ES1-512-C96S HDMI PROBLEMS

JMHD
JMHD Member Posts: 3 New User

The problem that I am having is that the Acer has not been dropped or suffered any roughness or hardware issues. I upgraded to Windows 10 and had no problems, everything ran just fine. I then "Reset" windows 10 (not repair, not reinstall). Basically, it kept all my data and documents but uninstalled most apps and drivers. I've slowly downloaded all the VGA intel graphics drivers and used the Windows 7 compatable and the Windows 8 versions of the drivers to no avail. The problem is that the laptop doesn't even make the connected HDMI sound it used to make when I plugged it in. If this is hardware issue I would like to receive a shipping label because the main problem I am having is with the customer support as well.  I was on a livechat for 25 minutes explaining and typing what I had already done to try and resolve the issue. All the sudden, the operator Christopher E. just says "For quality purposes I am disconnecting this call". And boom I am right back where I started although he told me 15 times please send the computer in when I would ask him questions regarding the shipping label he never would give me the information I needed. He wouldn't anwer my questions about drivers he just copied and pasted a message saying send it in for the hardware issues to be resolved.. Nonstop.. and then disconnects...Rude..just rude....

Ok so to reiterate the things I've already done... I've already used a friends HDMI to ensure it is not the cable. I've also used a different TV to ensure its not the TV. The computer worked PERFECTLY fine even AFTER the windows 10 upgrade until I "Reset" the Windows 10.

It definitely uninstalled my Microsoft Office Suite and my Apps but it left most on the hard drive still.

Answers

• JMHD

Hi I actually had already tried the windows 10 drivers and they didn't work. It was suggested on two other posts to use the Windows 8 drivers that came with the computer and the Windows 7 compability mode. Like I said the computer was working fine until I "Reset Windows 10" .. even when I upgraded from windows 8 it worked fine. But the links you sent me are the same drivers I already tried. I am almost certain it is a hardware problem and I need the shipping labels to send the computer in as this defect is not my fault.

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

I'm sorry that you had such a poor experience with our support teams. If you could send me a private message with your Serial Number and any Case IDs you may have, I'll be glad to ask out service team to review your contacts.

As far as a shipping label goes, I'm not sure where they confusion came from for our representatives, but a shipping label isn't something that is provided (at least in the U.S.).

Finally, I feel like there is a pretty reasonable chance that this isn't a hardware problem. The fact that the HDMI port stopped working right after a Win10 reset is a big flag. I think a recovery back to the OEM load would help fully determine whether the HDMI is actually bad or if there is another issue.

Cory

• JMHD

Can you send me a link for that OEM load? Just to clarify, I actually updated to windows 10 and had no problems initially, but when I used the "reset windows 10" it started messing up. So the serial number is [edited to comply with guidelines]. Its a ES1-512-C96S thanks bro for understanding the difficulties I experienced.