Acer Recovery Fails

DarthKaze
DarthKaze Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter

Hey guys,

my Aspire ES1-531-P6KL is running kinda slow lately so I wanted to reset it.

I've got no problem accessing the recovery menu nor selecting a partition to reinstall windows on.

After "getting your computer ready" or whatever the first step is called it goes over to "resetting your PC".

After some time, probably around 30% of the resetting process, it suddenly ends saying, "there was an error resetting your PC, no changes were made"

I've already tried it a few times, I tried to access the recovery in windows and while booting - same result, and unfortunately I don't have any recovery disks, since I'm travelling right now..

I don't know if it matters, but I split the HD into two partitions using the Windows tool (one for Windows, the other one for Documents etc.). Shouldn't affect anything in my opinion tho, since I didn't touch the recovery partition and I used to do the same with my old notebook back home.

I hope anyone know whats going on and I able to help me..

Cheers!

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer

The reason for the failure is that you have changed the original partition, you need to set the partitions to the original state for the recovery to complete, save your important data to an external disk and change the partitions to original state before starting the recovery.HTH.

• DarthKaze
    DarthKaze Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter

Hey, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately it didn't help...

I restored the hd's state to the way it wa before. But still the same error occurs.