Acer E5 573G 72NS Win10 card slot not detecting memory cards

Syed13149
Syed13149 Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter

Hi. My Transcend SDHC 8GB Class 2 memory card is not being detected when put in the card slot. I installed the latest version of Realtek Card Reader from the official website as well. I had upgraded my laptop to Win10 and just started testing the card slot. Thanks for any help.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

with the SD inserted, have you check on windows disk management if the SD is listed?

windows logo key + x

Disk management

it will take 10 seconds to list all HDD/SSD/cards, check id it's there but as raw/unallocated storage.

have you tried other SD cards or that SD card in another device?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • besseker
    besseker Member Posts: 1 New User

Same issue. Two days ago worked just fine.

Today i bought a new SD card. Both new and old are not recognized when i plug them in.

The interesting part is that yester day there was a windows update. And in coincedence - last time i used an sd card i used "safeley remove hardware" before unpluging it. (some people on the internet mentioned that their SD cards stopped reading after this operation".

Tried to restart computer, reinstall drivers, delete all usb drivers so windows automatically reinstall them, donwload and manually install driver from realtek. Nothing helped.

Are there any new ideas to try?