Acer E5-532-P86K keyboard quit working

sherilynn
sherilynn Member Posts: 2 New User

Please help. I am running windows 10. My keyboard worked today, then it quit this evening. Mouse and online keyboard work. Restarted a couple of times, filter keys is off. Doesn't work even when entering my password . I tried updating, troubleshooting, can't think of anything else to try . I bought this laptop Dec 24 online , didn't receive it until in the New Year, had it less then a month . Thank You .

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

To troubleshoot the issue, check if reinstalling keyboard drivers help (if you have not done this already). To do this, follow the steps below:
    1. Click "Windows key" + "R" keys and click Ok to open "Run" window.
    2. In the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
    3. In the "Device Manager" window that comes up, navigate to "Keyboards" and expand the tree. Click on your keyboard model and properties window will come up.
    4. Go to "Driver" tab and click "Uninstall" to uninstall your keyboard drivers.
    5. Restart your system and Windows will automatically find and install your keyboard drivers.

If the issue still persists, you are advised to contact nearest Acer service center for further assistance as your laptop is new. To do this, the following link can be helpful:
    http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service

Hope this will help you.

• sherilynn
    sherilynn Member Posts: 2 New User

I followed the directions to reinstall the device drvers. The only thing that ended up fixing it, was a complete factory reset. I have had to do this twice since January.