Acer Aspire E15 E5-551-T7TP is having a slew of issues. Help?

Options
LiamB
LiamB Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello. So I bought this laptop rougly 4 months ago. It has an AMD Quad Core Processor (A10-7300), AMD Radeon R6 Graphics, 8 GB Memory, and 1 TB HDD. My OS is Windows 8.1 Here's my issues.

So within the first week of purchasing this computer, I began noticing issues with it. I decided to wait, and to give it a fair shot given it's new, before I complain about it. It's now been 4 months and the issues have only mounted. I'll list them below.

Touchpad freezes during basic internet browsing. It most commonly happens when on Facebook. 9/10 times, shorty after the touchpad freezes, the entire computer freezes, leaving me no other option other than to hard shutdown. On the odd occasion, after the touchpad freezes, the screen will go black and then come back on again. Then I will recieve an error popup saying AMD drivers have crashed, and then been recovered. 

Touchpad moves extremely slow sometimes when I turn on the computer after being in sleep mode. The only way I've been able to resolve the issue is by restarting the computer. I have gone into the touchpad settings on the control panel to see if the pointer speed had been changed, but it had not. I even turned it up to full, and it was still not as fast as It normally is.

Touchpad has a tendancy to be super unaccurate, and at times fickers around on the screen.

Entire computer will freeze randomly without warning and will play a loud buzzing sound through the speakers.

Had several blue screens of death already.

On very rare occasions I've notices while the computer is in sleep mode and the lid is closed, the computer fan will all of a sudden start whirrings as if I had just turned the computer on. It then goes off again minutes later. I've also notices while the computer is tuned on, the fan will go silent for about 10 seconds, before coming back on.

In general the computer is behaving very slowly. At times when launching basic applications like Chrome, Steam, or even Task Manager it can take several minutes for them to open. It's extremely frustrating. I'm not using this computer for anything fancy, just browsing the web, video streaming, music, and light gaming. It seems it's struggling with even that.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Answers